Wow, this place is so charming! I love the touch of retro combined with the romantic and modern. It definitely gives the apartment personality! Let's take a tour and see if we can find some inspiration from this beautiful home...
Oh, what a lovely sofa - a great shape and color! I wonder how it is to sit in though.
The table and the two little stools fit perfect with the sofa. Just lovely!
Always cosy to have a fireplace, at least now that we are heading towards fall and winter.
A light and open kitchen - just what I prefer. This is a great place to make dinner and having guests. Don't you agree?
Notice the beautiful wooden floor - I love it!
All those nice little details on the counter, and the herbs are really refreshing!
I like the idea of having fresh vegetables on the kitchen counter - it adds extra color to the kitchen.
This bedroom is a bit small, but with lots of white I think it's very delicate and lovely. It has definitely a relaxed feeling.
Isn't this room the cutest? Children's room should always have lots of colors!
The summer doesn't last forever, so it's important to stay as much as you can outdoors while it's here. By having a little summerhouse in the garden, you and your family can spend more time outside. It also gives you an extra room if you need more space.
Here you have three examples on how to decorate a little summerhouse...
You can have an extra living room in your garden, where you can drink coffee or tea while you relax with a good book.
Why not make an outdoor office, so can enjoy the summer while you're working?
Then you can take small breaks in the sun...
An outdoor playroom for your children is a nice way to make sure your children get enough fresh air.
Which one would you have, if you had to choose one?
In Elle Decor´s June issue you can see Meg Ryan's house by the beach. Her beautiful house is located at a place called "Martha's Vineyard", which is an incredible charming place at the southeastern coast of Massachusetts. The interior design in her house is a mixture of industrial and vintage lighting, hand-hewn wood furniture and sofas and armchairs slipcovered in pale linen. Take a look...
Notice the cool dining area’s pendant lights, and the gorgeous big FLOWERS metal sign!
The contrast between the black floor and the white walls and roof really makes a great statement and depth in the room.
This kitchen is amazing! The big oak table, the pendant lights, the glass cabinet and lots of windows are great details in this room - I love it!
Imagine how boring this main entrance would be without the flowers. A perfect way to soften up the interior.
Bluestone shelves and white-painted brick-supports create a nice storage place. This shouldn't be to hard to make yourself I suppose.
Oh, I love the master bedroom. Fresh flowers, hint of colors and lots of light although the furniture is dark.
The guest room is very serene and light, but a bit boring I think. Maybe some flowers would be nice?
Some vintage pendant lights are a brilliant way to bring light into a bathroom. The counters are made in the same way as the storage shelves in the kitchen.
A perfect little antique earthenware tub is of course a must in a beach house, and it looks lovely with the mosaic floor around it.
I hope I'll get you know you Meg, so I can visit you in this beautiful beach house....:)
And if this house reflects your personality, I think I would like you very much!
Remember that the hallway is the first thing guests see as they come through the front door - so make sure it's warm and welcoming. Hallways are only used as a walk-through, so you can afford to make a statement. Here you have 10 tips on how to decorate your hallway...
1. To make a small and narrow hallway feel light and airy, paint the woodwork white. Keep the furniture light too, and make sure the walls are pale to continue the spacious look.
2. If you want the walls to be neutral, go for a colorful rug. Just make sure the rug can handle the traffic.
3. A small table or a dresser is ideal for dumping mail or a bouquet of flowers.
4. Hallways can often be narrow and dark - so the right lighting is essential. Make sure you have enough light.
5. Mirrors are a great way of reflecting natural light, and they can also give the impression of space.
6. Uplighters and wall lights are both practical and stylish - perfect for giving hallways that welcoming feel.
7. Hide hallway clutter with a useful storage bench. Choose one with compartments and load it up with boxes and baskets.
8. Shoe racks are great for family homes as they keep the hallway organised. Slide the rack under a side table if you'd prefer keep it out of sight.
9. Make sure you have enough space for jackets and coats and don't forget your lovely guests.
10. Experiment with wallpaper and bright patterns - make a statment!
I really hope this gave you some ideas on how to decorate your hallway.
Skona Hem have an article about this gorgeous house in Sweden this month and I want to share it here with you. It really has some great details that might give you some tips on how to decorate.
I love how they have decorated it in earthy and calm colors with lots of wood and cosy material like sheep hides and knitted pillows - it makes it very warm and welcoming although the house is very modern.
I wouldn't mind living here in the summertime... Look at that jacuzzi!